Building teams that can create innovative ideas and open new markets is critical to developing your competitive advantage. Organizations that embed diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) into their business practices are growing faster than the market and are more profitable. Our online course Diversity: Beyond The Checkbox is designed to build the foundation for DEI in a comprehensive and concise way while being engaging and thought-provoking.
This course is different.
Who should take the course?
Not only is the Diversity: Beyond the Checkbox course essential for anyone whose professional responsibilities deal specifically with diversity and inclusion, but it also should be a requirement for business owners, corporate executives, managers, directors, department leaders, customer service managers, and team leaders as it sets the foundation for DEI learning. In addition, Diversity: Beyond the Checkbox is valuable for store managers, salespeople, or any other professionals who interact directly with members of the public or engage with representatives from other organizations on a regular basis.
You can also earn Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits for taking the course. All of our modules are accredited and we’ll provide you with the documentation necessary to submit for your hours with your relevant industry. Please contact Kaela Kovach-Galton at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
At the conclusion of the Diversity Beyond the Checkbox course, you will:
- Understand, accept, and respect several forms of workplace diversity.
- Gain knowledge of the business case for diversity, equity, and inclusion, along with how DEI leads to higher profits and retention rates, increases innovation, and enhances creativity.
- Comprehend what unconscious bias is, how it can compromise day-to-day business interactions, and how it can be controlled and eliminated.
- Recognize how diversity and inclusion programs should be integrated into business operations, along with common mistakes of execution during the rollouts of such programs.
- Acquire a higher level of awareness and sensitivity with regard to inclusive language, and learn guidelines for refining business communication and multicultural marketing.
Achieve real business outcomes:
- Your organization will become more stable, and less vulnerable to litigation stemming from complaints of discrimination.
- Grow your business as department leaders become more welcoming and receptive to input from all colleagues. This allows creative, operable ideas to be monetized, and for diverse perspectives to become a resource that translates into higher revenue.
- Hiring managers will see the business advantages of hiring workers from diverse backgrounds.
- Your employee retention rates will improve dramatically as they’re encouraged to bring their whole selves to work and all types of diversity are embraced.
- Reduce cultural conflict as HR directors and other human resources personnel become more attuned to how to handle internal claims of cultural disturbances.
- More effectively target diverse demographics as managers and employees learn to value others and consistently incorporate their perspectives into marketing and communications efforts.
- The salespeople and dealmakers in your organization will become more culturally aware and effective representatives of your firm, capable of relating to potential customers on a wider variety of levels, and substantially less likely to offend customers from key demographic groups.
Who created this course?
Diversity: Beyond the Checkbox is an online, self-guided, five-module course created by a team of certified diversity executives — including a published diversity expert. The curriculum was created after more than 1,000 hours of research on diversity, equity, and inclusion topics, and was then reviewed and approved by a global team of business leaders, diversity practitioners, curriculum specialists, and communication experts.
This course will set you apart.
Take the Course
- Understanding Diversity
The concept of diversity encompasses understanding, acceptance, and respect. Beyond the typical focus on race and gender, diversity is a kaleidoscope of backgrounds, perspectives, abilities, and experiences, as well as the exploration of these differences.
- The Business Case for DEI
Fully integrating DEI into your company culture is proven to drive business outcomes. This includes understanding trends that ensure sustainable growth, achieving higher profits and retention rates, and fostering more innovation and creativity.
- Unconscious Bias-The Secret Disruptor
For your company's DEI initiatives to succeed, you must actively counteract unconscious bias. Unconscious bias decreases innovation, productivity, and creativity. Our proposed strategies offset biases so employees can confidently engage in their work.
- Implementing a Diversity and Inclusion Program
Now that we understand the business case for diversity, how do we fully integrate diversity into our organizations? Review common mistakes in diversity programs and explore methods to implement these initiatives successfully.
- Business Communication in a Diverse World
Learn how to make DEI a part of your brand strategy. Increase your overall awareness and sensitivity, broadening your marketing reach, and avoid handling missteps under pressure.
Become a leader in diversity, equity, and inclusion, and set yourself apart in your industry. Whether you’re just entering the workforce or you’re an experienced professional, companies need people who understand how to support the evolving global workforce reflective of our ever-changing society.
- 1 login to the course
- Ongoing access to the course materials
- Online learning community
Transform your business by providing course access to your entire organization to build an inclusive, authentic, and sustainable culture. Create more positive working relationships, increase productivity within your team, and appeal to a broader client base with a robust diversity initiative.
- Up to 100 logins to the course
- Ongoing access to the course materials
- Online learning community
- Speaking and consulting from The Diversity Movement Team
This diversity course delivers impactful content that uncovers the value of diversity and inclusion for all organizations. I've taken several D&I courses and training in the past, but this course still managed to surprise me with not only new and useful information, but also a delightfully unexpected multimedia experience.Won J You Design Leader and Educator, WJY Studios
Diversity: Beyond the Checkbox takes what is a highly topical and critical subject and breaks it down in such a way that it is so easily consumed online. The course really helps to understand the full meaning and implications of embracing diversity - from everyone's perspective. It also helps you to understand how to make it come alive and how it connects to bottom line performance of the business. I highly recommend this course.John Murphy International Executive Leadership Coach, John Murphy International
Diversity: Beyond the Checkbox offers a fresh and approachable course on Diversity & Inclusion. It is clear that the team really cares about the issue, and numerous videos and spotlights on different people and their experiences make it personal. Information is presented succinctly and is easy to grasp and absorb. I came away knowing – and understanding -- more than I did in the beginning. All around, I would highly recommend this course!Susanne Meyer Employment Solutions Architect, LCI Tech
As an educator and social justice advocate, I believe that it is everyone's role to ensure a more equitable and just world for everyone. ""Diversity: Beyond the Checkbox"" provides an accessible array of tools for anyone to use to promote diversity and inclusion not only at work, but in their personal lives as well. I think that anyone who takes part in this course will not only walk away more knowledgeable about diversity and inclusion, but also more confident in promoting diversity and inclusion.Bri Hart Assistant Director, Women in Science and Engineering (WISE), NC State University
Before taking this course, I was not aware of the pros and cons of diversity in the workplace. This course laid out and explained Diversity and Inclusion in an engaging manner. The teachers knew what they were discussing and shared their own sense of diversity. I was surprised by how well the course taught technical terms and historic laws related to diversity in an engaging manner. This course was well produced and fun to take while being very informational. As a member of Gen Z, I’ll be entering the workforce fairly soon. Courses like these are very important for all workers because of how diverse Gen Z is.Johnny Smith Marketing Intern, Walk West