Inclusive language is the daily practice of intentional word selection that conveys respect to all people. By choosing inclusive language, we acknowledge and honor the diverse and intersectional identities of every person, making them feel valued and inviting them to contribute their best.
Yet, inclusive language might not come naturally, even for people who value diversity. It takes practice, and it takes humility. This course will help you become more intentional with your language and begin to create environments where people feel valued and respected.
Who is This Course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to become more inclusive in their daily communication.
In this course, we share best practices for inclusive language, including:
• Why inclusive language matters
• How to speak up
• Guidelines for inclusive language
• Alternatives to more than 100 common non-inclusive words and phrases
Great Companies Trust TDM
We’ve been the trusted training partner for thousands of employees, elevating their skills through our digital learning courses.
The inclusive language course was terrific! We had an energetic and open team discussion following completion of the course, and it has been a topic of conversation at the company ever since. In a short period of time, it has made a tangible difference in the language we use as a company and has been a great learning experience for all involved.Braden Rawls CEO, Vital Plan
Designed for You and Your Team
At TDM, we firmly believe in the power of collective growth. Our courses and workshops are meticulously designed to foster a cohesive, transformative learning experience that taps into the unique dynamics of team environments. This approach ensures that skills learned are not only individual achievements but also become deeply embedded in the team’s DNA, creating a ripple effect of positive change throughout your organization.
Here’s why our team-based approach stands out:
- Unified Learning: When an entire team learns together, they share a common language, set of tools, and experiences. This ensures smoother implementation of new strategies and insights within the organization.
- Strengthened Bonds: Shared learning experiences foster deeper connections, mutual understanding, and trust among team members.
- Tailored Experiences: Our workshops and courses can be customized to address specific team dynamics, challenges, and goals, ensuring the most relevant and impactful learning journey.
- Sustained Impact: A team that learns together supports each other in the application of new knowledge, ensuring long-term retention and continuous improvement.