Our Certified Diversity Professional (CDP®) course is a 2-week training program for professionals specializing in diversity and inclusion, diversity leaders who aspire to achieve managerial positions in diversity and inclusion, and human resources specialists. As a diversity leader in this program, you’ll gain the skills to drive change beyond political correctness or affirmative action.
Through 24 course hours of instructor-led training, passing a written exam with a score of 80% or higher, and submitting a professional candidate project, you’ll receive a diversity certification. Examples of candidate projects include an assessment of your organization’s and a competitor’s current diversity efforts, a research project that would contribute to the body of knowledge in the field, or any other usable project that is relevant to your professional work.
The investment in the CDP training is $2500 which includes the course hours and exam fee.
2022 sessions are now complete.
You may also be interested in our Certified Diversity Executive (CDE®) course.
Unsure which diversity certificate program is the right fit for you? Compare the programs.
We’re proud to be the exclusive provider in North Carolina of the Certified Diversity Professional credential, which is offered in partnership with The Institute for Diversity Certification (IDC).
at a glance
under 25 students
- Gain the skills needed to make the business case for DEI and execute focused diversity strategy implementation
- Build a network of peers for ongoing support on your DEI journey
- Identifies the holder as someone possessing the knowledge, skill, and ability to successfully execute day-to-day diversity and inclusion tasks and initiatives
- Indicates the highest standard of ethics and competence in generating transformative business outcomes
The CDP certification course covers the following topics:
• The Role of a Diversity Practitioner
• The Business Case for Diversity & Inclusion
• EEO Laws in the U.S. and Abroad
• Harassment Around the World
• Diversity Recruiting & Retention
• Reinventing Diversity Training
• Handling Difficult Conversations
• Resource Groups & Diversity Councils
• Empowering Women in the Workplace
• Disability & Special Needs Accommodations
• Generational Intelligence
• Designing Programs for Veterans
• Immigrant Groups in the Workplace
• Navigating Through Religion & Belief Systems
• LGBTQ+ Inclusion
• Measuring the Impact of Diversity & Inclusion
At The Diversity Movement we support diversity practitioners at every level as we all work to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
Kaela Sosa, CDE – Lead Instructor
Kaela is the curriculum and programming manager at The Diversity Movement, with a passion for making DEI education digestible and impactful. Her interest in DEI began in college, while studying Psychology of Gender and Sexuality at Duke University. Kaela graduated with honors after defending her thesis, Gender and Stress in Cross-Race Interactions: Differential Impacts for Men and Women. She has conducted research at two of Duke’s psychology labs, exploring topics related to biracial identities, gender expression, and the impact of gender on psychological well-being.
Guest instructors will include: Donald Thompson, CDE, Jackie Ferguson, CDE, Kurt Merriweather, CDE, Jamie Ousterout, CDE, and Susie Silver, CDE.