Our Certified Diversity Executive (CDE®) course is a 2-week training program that challenges conventional diversity, equity, and inclusion work and reinforces the need for organizations to lead DEI initiatives from the top. We’ll provide you with the tools, education and mentorship to foster a diverse and inclusive environment.
Through 24 course hours of instructor-led training, passing a written exam with a score of 80% or higher, and submitting a professional candidate project, you’ll receive a diversity certification. showing your commitment to organizational change. Examples of candidate projects include an assessment of your organization’s and a competitor’s current diversity efforts, a research project that would contribute to the body of knowledge in the field, or any other usable project that is relevant to your professional work.
The investment in the CDE training is $3000 which includes the course hours and exam fee.
Next Session: February 2022
This training will be held virtually on February 23 & 24 and March 2 & 3. Each class is held from 10am-5pm ET with breaks throughout and a one hour break for lunch.
Space is limited
An additional sessions will be held in August.
You may also be interested in our Certified Diversity Professional (CDP®) program.
Unsure which diversity certificate program is the right fit for you? Compare the programs.
We are proud to be the exclusive provider in North Carolina of the Certified Diversity Executive credential, which is offered in partnership with The Institute for Diversity Certification (IDC).
- Gain the skills needed to remove systemic barriers to inclusion, lead culture change, and transform company culture
- Build a network of peers for ongoing support on your DEI journey
- Demonstrate cultural competence and increase credibility as a diversity, equity, and inclusion change agent
- Indicate the highest standard of ethics and competence in generating transformative business outcomes
The CDE certification course covers the following topics:
• Personal Awareness & Managing Blind Spots
• Improving Your Approach to the Bottom Line
• Global Best Practices
• The Elements of Leading a Large-Scale D&I Effort
• Race, Power and Privilege
• Boardroom Diversity
• Supplier Diversity
• Innovation Through D&I
• Impediments to Inclusion & Cultural Competence
• Unconscious Bias
• Executive Commitment & Sponsorship
• Strategic Purpose & Partnerships
• Connecting Demographic Shifts to Organizational Strategy
• Integrating Cultures Amidst Merger & Acquisition Activity
• The Next Generation of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Work
• Advanced Data Insight and Analysis
At The Diversity Movement we support leading executives, just like you, as we all work to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
Kaela Sosa, CDE – Lead Instructor
Kaela is the curriculum and programming manager at The Diversity Movement, with a passion for making DEI education digestible and impactful. Her interest in DEI began in college, while studying Psychology of Gender and Sexuality at Duke University. Kaela graduated with honors after her defending her thesis, Gender and Stress in Cross-Race Interactions: Differential Impacts for Men and Women. She has conducted research at two of Duke’s psychology labs, exploring topics related to biracial identities, gender expression, and the impact of gender on psychological well-being.
The CDE is time well spent for any leader who wishes to embark to truly impact their organization with elements of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This certification clearly demonstrates the value of weaving DE&I into one's business model in practical ways. It also allows you as a leader to self-reflect and have better self-awareness.Rekha Daniel-Kimani Division Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, BAYADA Home Health Care
This course had valuable knowledge to apply to DE&I efforts to have a lasting impact on organizations. I feel more confident in having discussions with others and the benefits of DE&I work within an organization. Thanks to The Diversity Movement!Tameka Davis Diversity Director, Raleigh Metro SHRM
Extremely comprehensive and very enlightening. Excellent program with great content.John Murphy Executive Coach